“Welcome to our print party” So Ekpo and I decided to collaborate and we thought about mixing prints in a way that suits our personal style.
Mixing prints have definitely been on my to do list for a while now, but for some reason, even though I rock this trend, I never got to post any of the outfits on the blog, so thanks to Ekpo for making me do this.
Wearing patterned clothes may be a little bit loud for some people, but if you spot prints on a regular, you should definitely try this trend because I think it looks good on anybody and it’s definitely a style staple.
I am encouraging you guys to take a risk today because mixing prints is one of fashion riskiest trends, but if you get it right, you would feel amazing.
Let me give a little tip and easy combo for newbies to try
- Try stripes and Florals
- Polka dots and any other prints you can find in your closet, it could be stripes, Florals, checks or tweeds. They are one of the easiest prints to pair.
- Just get into your closet and mix and match, play around and try different prints and patterns till you find what works for you.
- Try animal prints with a geometric pattern.
- Choose one print to dominate and one as an accent like I did in this post.
- You could pick different prints that share a single colour.
- You can use the same pattern in a larger or smaller scale.
- Pair two types of the same prints (you can try two floral prints).
- Pair neutral prints with colourful prints.
- When in doubt, polka dots and stripes always works.
I really loved Ekpo’s look and his mixed prints are so perfect that I wish I was wearing his lol. The print headband, glasses and sneakers complemented the look and made it perfect. Please visit his blog HERE to view more of his outfit and hear more about what he is wearing and where he got them from.
I am wearing a stripe top, floral palazzo pants and I paired with gold heels and a neck chain to make my look perfect.
We had so much fun during the shoot, You can see me opening my teeth a lot, which I never do lol!
I hope you guys enjoyed our print party 🙂 Visit Ekpo.com.ng for more.
Shoes: Shoe republic la
SHOP MY LOOK